Moravian University offers one of the most competitive and successful small college athletics programs in the nation, recently having been ranked as one of the top overall programs in the Director’s Cup for success in all athletic programs. Moravian athletes and teams are regularly recognized as top performers academically and athletically. In the recent past, Greyhounds have earned everything from national and conference championships to all-academic team recognition. Individual student athletes have been selected as All-Americans, Academic All-Americans and even national players of the year. Moravian won the first two Landmark Conference President's Trophy for the most successful program in the conference and a total of five in 14 years and continues to excel across the board. Moravian sponsors 22 sports (11 men and 11 women - expanding to 23 in 2023-24 with addition of women's golf) and seeks to assure a quality experience for all student athletes.
Moravian University offers financial aid to qualified students in the form of scholarships, loans, grants, and student employment to all students including athletes. Such aid is intended to supplement the financial resources of the student's family allowing qualified prospects to experience a Moravian education. Aid is based on the applicant's academic promise and documented financial need. More than 80% of Moravian students receive financial aid in some form, and most offers of aid include some combination of grants, loans, and student employment.
Helpful Admission Links
Questionnaires & Emails
About NCAA Division III
NCAA Division III: Colleges and universities in Division III place the highest priority on the overall quality of the educational experience and on the successful completion of all students’ academic programs. They seek to establish and maintain an environment in which a student-athlete’s athletics activities are conducted as an integral part of the student-athlete’s educational experience, and an environment that values cultural diversity and gender equity among their student-athletes and athletics staff. To achieve this end, Division III institutions:
The purpose of the NCAA is to assist its members in developing the basis for consistent, equitable competition while minimizing infringement on the freedom of individual institutions to determine their own special objectives and programs. The above statement articulates principles that represent a commitment to Division III membership and shall serve as a guide for the preparation of legislation by the division and for planning and implementation of programs by institutions and conferences.
The Three D's:
NCAA Division III Financial aid: NCAA Division III student-athletes are not permitted to receive athletically related financial aid. Division III athletics feature athletes who receive no financial aid related to their athletics skills.
Total NCAA Division III Membership: With more than 186,000 students and 443 institutions representing 43 voting conferences and 23 nonvoting conferences, Division III makes up 40% of the NCAA's total membership.
Division III members provide a well-rounded collegiate experience that involves a balance of rigorous academics, competitive athletics and the opportunity to pursue the multitude of other co-curricular and extracurricular opportunities offered.
In Division III, 80% of active members are private institutions, while the remaining 20% are public. Division III sponsors 28 championships annually, and member schools sponsor an average of 19 sports.
Enrollments at Division III schools range from more than 24,000 to less than 300, giving the entire division an average of 2,600 students per member. On average, student-athletes make up 27% of the student body on Division III campuses.
What does NCAA Division III Offer?: